Wednesday, April 06, 2005

birthday celebrations

My birthday picnic was on saturday, it was a really great day. Everyone seemed to get along fine, and of course the boys enjoyed their sporting outings (nothing seems to bring boys together as much as sport does). They played a soccer match and the girls mostly sat around and talked and drank champagne. mmmm :)

Small dramas of the day included Brett's son Zach getting hit by a frisbee that Cameron threw at him, but we placated him with lemonade and the rest of the easter egg hunt (he ended up winning the big bunny as a prize).

Xerx turned up with this mafia-type silver case which looked like it would hold a high-powered rifle, but really held BBQ implements. hee :) I lost the ability to throw a frisbee for a while which stressed me out, but otherwise it was ok.

I got BALLROOM DANCING SHOES from work people! HOW AWESOME IS THAT?! Considering i was planning to buy them myself, it was a great present. I also got a voucher for a facial at erskineville hair and beauty which I'm sure I'll avail myself of at some point in the near future.

After the picnic we all headed to pancakes on the rocks for Bunny's birthday celebration. It was a really fun night of catch-up, because I got to talk with Chito and Hoa and Ling about an upcoming ski trip (yay) which I'll be very keen on in late july. There were also a ton of people from uni that I haven't seen in an age - mostly from Bunny's year.

After that, Chito, Phil, Gabby and I headed to Mendel's to his house cooling party since he was being forcibly moved out by his landlord. turns out he's moving in with .... MARK. More strands in the Web of UTS IT.

Sunday was a fun day too - Alison and I headed to the shire to eat lunch with our respective parents. I went shopping at Miranda in the afternoon, played a bit of frisbee with Adrian, then we piled back in the car and went to Ken's place for a Lost marathon. The show is getting pretty bizarre and highly suspenseful (so much so that I start mumbling "oh god" repeatedly until someone asks "how the hell did you manage to watch the x-files when you were younger?" - I have no rational answer to that one). We ordered pizza and caught up on some much-needed lounging.

I've been going to bed extremely late all this week and all last week as well... and clocking up a lot of long hours at work, since I usually leave around 7ish. Hopefully that will improve soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home