Sunday, April 02, 2006

daylight savings boon

I love the feel of flying at high speeds :) (horizontal flying that is, none of that jumping-out-of-a-plane stuff). I should mention that we went ice skating at Canterbury today, which was really fun.

I think I'm getting a better with my ice skating. My balance has improved, and I can cross my feet over when I turn corners (or at least when I turn left, since we're always going in the one direction around the rink. Isn't that a bit silly? What if people want to practice turning right once in a while?)

After ice skating, there were board games at my house!! We feasted on gyoza and japanese tomato curry, with mini almond magnums to seal the deal. Mmmmm... In amongst all the eating, there was taboo and scrabble. Gus won at everything. He should definitely have a Board Game Handicap whenever he plays. We weren't even drinking, so we didn't have any excuse for losing so thoroughly.

The added bonus was that everyone left by 10 when it felt like midnight - a free hour thanks to daylight savings! w00t!

Even with all the associated stress of hosting an evening, there's nothing quite so good as ending sunday night in the company of friends. I don't usually like entertaining at my place - it always seems so small and stuffy - but 6 was a good amount of people to have over. And I didn't even mind doing the washing up. I'd be keen to do it in future, if we still have a group in 6 months :)

The group is getting a lot smaller these days. Three people have left for the UK, another one is going to Japan in a few months, and another is planning to go to Canada. When that happens, there'll be 4 people left in sydney, possibly 6 or 7 if you count sattelite people who occasionally drop in. I'm slowly becoming friendless :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home