Monday, May 12, 2008

The Fat Stack

So I've been gymming it for 3 months, I'm feeling healthier and am 2 kilos lighter. I'm finally tackling some of that heathrow injection and I feel good. Yay me :)

Having said that, I'm now going to dive into fat theorem. There's always a pattern to the way that people gain weight (and the UK is a great place to do that). As all your hard-earned muscle and general health gets replaced by flab, one lucky part of your body is the first to receive the extra fat and the last to lose it.

The fat stack works like a programming stack. Last bits added to the stack are the first to be removed, but the bottom of the stack always takes forever to go, because you fluctuate by adding stuff or removing stuff from the stack. It's like building a pyramid with bricks. You lay your foundations first, then each subsequent layer is carefully piled on top of the previous ones until you have a masterpiece. When you want to deconstruct it, the bricks at the top are the first and the easiest to go. The top layers are tiny! You'll get moving and feel like you're making progress in no time. However, as you make your way down the stack, you realise it gets progressively harder. Unfortunately those pyramid foundations are rock solid, and large. They'll take the most effort to remove.

Everybody has a different foundation of fat. Thigh-based-stacks are common. Other people will start with the hips, maybe the abdomen, or the arms. The fat will eventually spread its wings and anchor itself everywhere, but it has to start somewhere.

Me? My fat stack always starts with my face. That's right: I have a face-based-stack. This has the unfortunate affect of making people think that I am chubbier than I look, which is kinda frustrating, especially in photos :p I don't think it's very common, but I'm only guessing here.

I envy people like Nigella Lawson, because she's got a really thin face in proportion to her body. She can take that "never trust a skinny chef" saying and sprint with it, cause when you look at her face, it doesn't give away the size of her body. She can eat with impunity and still get away with it. Jealousy! (I think hers is a chest-based-stack, which probably makes her the envy of many women who find that the chest region is the first to pop off the stack.)

I will continue on my gym regime until I get some movement on the face. I need that loss, baby. I remember seeing a girl on CSI miami who shares my fate. Maybe we should get in touch and start a support group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home