Tuesday, May 16, 2006

google fever

Alison and I just spent the past two hours drooling over google's new jobs and darling harbour offices in Sydney.

I would LOVE to apply for a job at Google, just to see the kind of stuff they do, but I'm not qualified for any of the IT jobs available :( Alison, however, IS actually qualified for a job in online services and will probably apply for one (hence two hours of drooling, updating resumes, delving into old transcripts, etc)

In case you haven't noticed yet, I'm a huge Google fan. Possibly even the world's biggest google fan (in the non-merchandise-wearing fan category). Google can do no wrong in my eyes, and they're always coming up with new and exciting online gadgets to organise or index my life. The fact that they're building up a sydney base is exciting news to me. You go, Google.

Anyway. I actually meant to write about my evening today, but got a little bit distracted.

Tonight we (me, Gabby, Hunt and some of the sorority house gals) went for a drink at the rose of australia followed by dinner at Stir Crazy Thai across the road. The Rose is my local pub, and I'm ashamed to admit that I've never stepped a foot inside until tonight. I have only myself to blame for not discovering the diverse cocktail menu earlier, which includes mars bar infused vodka and five different types of chocolate liqueur. Just think: I could have been drinking myself stupid at happy hour for the past 18 months! The bar is actually quite trendy inside, and the food menu is tempting, though we opted for thai given Gabby's impending departure to non-asian shores.

The thai food was good as always, and following the recent norms it was fun catching up with a small group of people I don't see very often. I haven't really spoken to Hunt or Connie since Japan, so we reminisced a bit and ate some fantastic thai food. (Stir Crazy, you rock my world!) For the record, we had Panang Duck Curry, Tofu cashew nut stir fry, and Pad Thai. So very delicious. We finished up at about 9:15 and I got home three minutes later in time to see the end of the O.C. with Alison & co. I'll definitely miss the commuting times when I move back home :(

The rest of the night is already spoken for. :p

One frustrating thing about today: I forgot to cancel my direct debits for rent, so I've overpaid $140. It's probably going to take our inept real estate agent six weeks to organise a refund.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home