Tuesday, May 09, 2006

the mushrooms

Okay, there's a back story to this. Ever since Xerx and Kel house sat last October, there has been a can of buttered mushrooms sitting in the pantry. We don't use canned mushrooms - I like using fresh mushrooms in my cooking. So, the can has been sitting around next to the danish syrupwaffle and tomato paste for a good eight months now.

Not having much in the house (since I just came back from Malaysia - yes, I feel quite decadent) and since we're moving out in a few weeks, we decided to use up some of the remaining food we have in the cupboards. I think to myself: well, we have some spinach, and some filo pastry, so why don't we make a spinach quiche? A quick visit to all recipies yielded a spinach quiche recipe with a five star rating and almost 400 comments! It must be a winner. Then, we read the ingredients and found out that we need a can of mushrooms! It was the perfect recipe!

We haven't shopped for days so there's no food in the house, and yet we get quiche - a five star recipe quiche - AND the mushrooms will no longer haunt me. My day is complete.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home