Friday, May 04, 2007

hilarity!

I had a massive panic attack and thought that Mothers' Day was THIS sunday when I would be in Amsterdam and probably unable to make phone calls to Australia, also that I hadn't arranged any flowers or anything and mum was going to hate me forever.... turns out it is the NEXT sunday (13th May).

so in the midst of the panic I was brainstorming with my brother over gmail about what to get her, when he started panicking too. He sent an email to a whole bunch of people going "isn't it THIS sunday?" just before I googled it and discovered that it is the 13th instead. Now he looks stupid in front of a whole lot of people for not knowing the date (as opposed to me, who is admitting this to an unknown quantity of people over the intermaweb).

But anyway... don't panic kids. It's all good. You have another week to sort something out. :)

3 Comments:

At 10:41 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are you talking about? Mothers day was weeks ago: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother's_Day#Mother.27s_Days_in_various_parts_of_the_world & http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mothering_Sunday

Hope you got a mothers day card here while you had the chance :P (I can neither confirm nor deny whether I did)

 
At 10:43 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee I'm glad those URLs came out printed so well...

Let's try this. Mothers Day around the world

I hate HTML. I hate the web.

 
At 1:59 am, Blogger XerxesB said...

I outsourced my mother's day shopping to my wife.

she's taken care of it for me :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home