Thursday, March 29, 2007

victories of a small nature

A little while ago I received an email from the recruiter that screwed me over on the first contract I got in the UK. I did a double-take at first; I thought we had pretty much agreed that he was a slimeball. But no, my eyes were seeing correctly and he had actually sent me an email asking my availability for a new contract.

There was split-second indecision while I contemplated how to respond. Should I ignore his email? Did he really think I was going to go for this contract? Should I write back and clarify that I'd rather embrace a career in sewage recycling WITHOUT SHAMPOO than talk to him again?

Hmm. What to do? Well, while I'd been thinking, my mouse cursor had gravitated towards the buttons at the top of my email client. It paused over one particular button, almost a suggestion, just a little hesitant, seeing how I would react. It was an interesting choice. Should I? Would it be right? It seemed a little mean.

Who cares... If recruiters don't have morals, I don't need to either.

I clicked.

With one simple action I classified all future emails from this person as "spam". I can only hope the spam works universally across gmail and he can never email anyone else properly again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home