Tuesday, May 23, 2006

thoughts of a soon-to-be ex-tenant

Moving day is fast approaching. We don't actually have any internet connectivity, and the house is getting gradually packed up, so it feels less like home. I spent yesterday sorting through my clothes, making three piles: stuff I want to keep, stuff I want to give to the salvation army or smith family, and stuff that I want to auction on eBay :p I feel ashamed that I have clothes I've never worn before. How lame is that?

I spent tonight packing up the kitchen, since most of it is mine. I remember when we moved in, we inherited a whole moving box of kitchen goods from my parents' house - stuff like tupperware, sandwich maker, pots and pans, mugs and utensils. Now I'm leaving with all that, *plus* my own baking trays, scanpan cookware, cake mixer, blender, more tupperware, more crockery, and even more utensils. It doesn't fit into one box anymore. :|

We lined up all the champagne corks we've collected over the past year along the window sill and took a photo. There's literally a pile of corks. I feel very sorry for our livers (mostly Alison's), and that wasn't even all the corks from the champagne we've opened. I remember we threw away at least 10-15 about three months after we moved in....

The story of our internet is kind of amusing: TPG forgot to tell me that they can't cancel my internet halfway through a billing cycle, so internet just stopped on the 21st of the month. I tried to use it yesterday and the helpdesk guys just told me that my account was inactive and to call back tomorrow to find out why. Thanks, guys! Anyway, I couldn't be bothered to pay $50 to reconnect it for 4 days when I really shouldn't be distracting myself with internet anyway, so it helped, even though it is mightily painful to be cut off from the outside world... for instance, we couldn't take advantage of the Desperate Housewives/Heaven promotion that was advertised on TV last night, which promised a box of their new ganache heaven ice creams delivered TO YOUR DOOR within 2 hours if you register on the website.... mmm...

Tomorrow I have to cancel all the other utilities like the phone, gas and electricity.

Tonight was our last night when both of us are in the house; we watched the O.C like old times but without the pink and without the cheese. Tomorrow night I'm having drinks at The Rose with the Eclectical gang, Thursday I'll be packing, Friday I'll be picking up the trailer and such, and Saturday is D-Day.

Here's to the last week of sleeping in. I'm going to miss waking up at 8:30!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home