Saturday, June 24, 2006

go the socceroos!

Yay for the socceroos getting through to the second round! Well done, kids!

It's really interesting seeing the depths that soccer fans will go to during the world cup. Some of my friends at work have been waking up to watch the matches in the city at Circular Quay or Darling Harbour; one has been watching the matches at Enmore Theatre where they've put up a huge screen so you can watch indoors. Several people have gone to pubs late at night, and there's the crowd that are happy enough to wake up and watch at home (myself included).

I think the best/surprising part is finding out who is actually watching. People who I'd never guess were soccer fans are going to extremes like driving into the city at 4am or hosting parties in the small hours of the morning. I guess sport brings out the wacky fanatics in people. :)

My whole family have watched all of the Australian matches so far, I've sacrified a lot of sleep lately, and it's been fun! Go the socceroos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home