Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Visa

I've just applied for the Working Holidaymaker Visa for the UK.

I'm leaving my hometown of Sydney on September 3rd, spending about four weeks in Canada and the U.S. (Vancouver, Jasper/Banff, New York, Boston, Montreal) and then I'm heading over to the UK where a sizeable number of my friends are already living :)

I've finally booked the flights and applied for the visa, so I can start planning the stuff I need to do with a firm date in mind. The list is very uninspiring - mostly administrative things like cancelling health insurance, consolidating super accounts, etcetera. And work doesn't really officially know yet (and I'm not planning to tell them until I have the visa in my possession).

There's some stuff that I'm really going to dread, like updating my resume and cleaning out old junk at home... Other stuff is fun, like a snow trip, and cramming in a bunch of fun sydney stuff into the last few weeks ("Let's go rowing at Audley!", "Let's go to Luna Park!", "Tetsuyas!")

10 weeks to go and counting. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home