Thursday, June 29, 2006

knitting

I've started knitting myself a scarf. It's the simplest piece of clothing that you can knit, since it's basically a big rectangle. No dropping or picking up of stitches, no fancy patterns required, just plain old knitting.

It's actually been pretty therapeutic, especially while watching world cup matches. It cuts the tension right down because you can focus on something else for a bit until the commentators start getting excited and yelling names at random ("it's Chipperfield, Chipperfield to Aloisi, to Cahill, back to Aloisi -- across the front! Viduka gets it! Viduka! to Cahill! Right chip at the GOAL, IN THE AIR, PAST THE KEEPER!!! IT'S IN!!! WHAT A GOAL!!!!")

So far I have about 40cm done. I was aiming for at least a 1 metre scarf, but I think I'll run out of wool before then :( time to go back to Lincraft...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home