Sunday, August 06, 2006

the hunt for a black suit

I've spent the past several months looking for a new suit, which I'll need for interviews and things once I'm in London.

This is a seriously impossible task.

Firstly, I'm short. Every single suit that I try needs about three inches chopped off the arms (double that for pants). And then add the trouble that they never seem to fit properly at the shoulder for me, which makes suit hunting twice as difficult.

Secondly, I don't really like frills, and for some bizarre reason this season's suits are on frill speed or something. Find a nice jacket, only to find out they've hidden frills on the back. Or on the hem. Or at bizarre intervals around the skirt. (what's going on?!)

Thirdly, I know I'm only going to wear it about three times, so I don't want to be spending a huge amount on it.

All this combines to make suit shopping an awful but necessary experience.

Arggghhh! :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home