Tuesday, August 29, 2006

tax time

This year was the first time I've had an accountant do my tax return. I had a mixed reaction to the experience.

The office was a drab, empty shell with furniture from the 70s, so nix the view of the professional grey carpet office with halogen lights and bright green pot plant in the corner for that human touch.

My accountant also wasn't nearly as devious as I expected (I have mental images of people whose life mission is to screw the government out of every penny that they possibly can), so goodbye to that stereotype too.

However she did fulfil every unpleasant visual image of a person that I could think of - overweight, unattractive and unprofessionally dressed. I think she may have had gravy stains on her floral top, but I'm not sure.

It wasn't a wholly inspiring visit, but I guess I saved some money on my tax. A learning experience for next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home