Wednesday, September 06, 2006

shopping in vancouver

We woke up so late today that our waitress called breakfast ‘brunch’! We went back to the diner and shared the blueberry pancakes and scrambled eggs, brie and bacon in a croissant. Today’s table was covered in postcards of Wonder Woman (yesterday it was old cars). Tres cool.

After brunch we headed to Commercial Drive (most guidebooks and maps encourage you to visit, but neglect to tell you how to get there). We didn’t find much to get excited about, except another ‘Mintage’ store... so despite our late start, we were done by 3pm. At this point I was beginning to think that Vancouver might not be an ideal destination for 4 days straight, because we’ve now officially run out of things to do in the city, unless we do more shopping. But tomorrow we’ve booked ourselves on a tour to Whistler and back for the scenery and some forced separation from the shops (otherwise if we keep spending, we'll have no money left and what are we going to do in New York?)

We ate at a recommended greek place for dinner, which was completely full with queues forming by 6pm and was very delicious.

huge thanks to G, CG and Philby today :)

It's odd, this trip seems different to my previous trips. My brain is just happy to be empty and not think about anything. In contrast, the past couple of trips I've done I've felt very enthused and ready to document all the quirks and thoughts that have crossed my mind... I think I'm just writing things I've done just so I don't forget it. Which is okay, I suppose, but I think I'll be happy when my brain returns to normal function.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home