Saturday, December 23, 2006

borough markets

I went to Borough markets yesterday, which is the market that Jamie Oliver likes to zing around to on his vespa. I had a good time browsing through the various stalls and tasting samples, and particularly because it's close to Christmas there was a lot of activity going on. My purchases included:

* Mulled wine
* Mulled apple (the non-alcoholic variety I drank before I'd eaten anything!)
* Truffle butter for Christmas dinner
* A cowboy cookie - an oat cookie with belgian dark chocolate, cranberries and walnuts
* Pistachio and date shortbread rounds
* A venison burger
* A dark rye sourdough loaf with sunflower seeds

It was a tasty haul, but Borough is not known for its bargains, so it was an expensive one. But it's only Christmas once a year :)

Speaking of Christmas dinner, this year I'll be spending it with my cousins - one who lives here, another who is over to visit - and a few friends. We're doing the whole traditional Christmas dinner and eating turkey, Christmas pudding, mince pies, custard (the English like their custard), brandy butter, etc. Since I can't be home, it's the next best thing :) I'm really looking forward to it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home