Sunday, December 03, 2006

Like on the monopoly board

I've moved into a place in Marylebone! I've been telling people it's Marylebone "like on the Monopoly board" so they have some point of reference. (Or, at least, they will have heard of it before.)

After 10 days of fruitless househunting on gumtree, I got lucky and found a place which was available immediately - I moved in two days later. I'm living with 3 other girls aged 23 - 25. It's a flat in a converted mansion, which makes it feel very grand olde english as I walk up the front steps.

I moved the rest of my stuff in yesterday, so the room looks a bit like an explosion of clothes and plastic bags at the moment... cooked my first meal last night, filled my tiny allocated cupboard and frige shelf with food, and will be cooking at various points during the week. Oh, the satisfaction :)

In non-moving related news, I went to see the Shell Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition at the Natural History Museum with Niall today. The photos are really amazing, as are the stories behind some of them (often involving camping out for hours, or lying in flamingo poo, or swimming around in freezing water terrified of leopard seals, etcetera). There's also a category for junior photographers, which was really impressive. All the photos are pictured on the site, so you can browse around for yourself.

I'm also interested in going ice skating at Somerset House before winter is up, hopefully when my cousin Bel visits over Christmas. Having an ice skate outdoors is such a novelty :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home