Friday, November 24, 2006

Workin' 9 to 5:30...

(edit from 3rd Dec: I wrote this a week ago, at which point Blogger froze and didn't let me publish it... so now here it is.)

Yes, I'm workin'!

I started about two weeks ago (shortly after my last post), after which point I became horrendously busy attempting to find a place to live. I ended up taking the contract position out in the middle of nowhere, which was a lucky decision in hindsight. The work is fairly interesting, the people are pretty cool, and the commuting isn't so bad... yet. We'll see how I feel about it in a couple of weeks. :)

I'm working in a place called Guildford in Surrey county, and it takes me about an hour and a half to get to work. There's a fast train that leaves London Waterloo station and takes about 45 minutes to get there. I pass though fields with cows and autumn trees on my way to work. It is most definitely Not London... as in, people would travel here on a weekend break from London. It's like living in Sydney and going to Katoomba or Wollongong to work.

My main focus is now finding a place to live, which has been quite hard. I'm searching around Angel, which is where Gabs, Cally & Phil live, but there's a lot of competiton for flat shares. There are also some very dodgy places around. I don't think I'm being overly picky, but I don't want to spend 150 pounds a month living in a dodgy place. I wish I had started looking 3 weeks ago (even though it wasn't an option because I was stressing about finding work), because very few places are available right now... most are advertised for weeks in advance. Plus it's getting close to Christmas which means places are becoming scarce.

I'll be glad when everything is settled and I can relax and start figuring out what to do for Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home