Monday, May 01, 2006

exercise plus!

I am surely in exercise credit. To celebrate ANZAC day, I walked from Manly wharf to The Spit at Mosman with Ian, Khanh, Scott, and Hema. Let me just say that this is not as easy as it sounds. Actually, it doesn't even sound very easy, but it was very scenic.

If you're going leisurely, it'll take you about four hours to do the walk, or if you're walking with Scott and Hema, it'll take you three. :p I don't recommend it for people who dislike stairs, especially uneven ones, but the views along the tops of the cliffs were beautiful, and would probably be even better on a sparkling sunny day.

We stopped about two thirds of the way through the walk to have lunch on a secluded beach. Khanh and Ian were very prepared and brought sandwiches, couscous, cheese & crackers, corn and associated cutlery along. Hema had made avocado and chili sandwiches. (don't ask). I, the underprepared, had brought grapes, a mandarin, and almond pocky. Not exactly a balanced lunch. Thankfully, my friends are very generous people and allowed me to mooch off their supplies.

It continually surprises me how BIG Sydney harbour really is, and how many beautiful shoreside spots are around the place. There were easily a dozen beaches and rocky outcrops that would be perfect for a picnic, and you would be virtually guaranteed a place to yourselves.

Khanh and I were snap-happy all the way along, and got mocked for it (actually, Khanh took the brunt of the mocking - thanks hon, I appreciate it).

In the past week I've also played two games of frisbee - 1 hr, no halftime, no subs - and decided to run around for fun on Saturday with some guys from Frisbee. We did the beep test to see how fit we are. It's confirmed: there is no way I will ever make it into the army.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home