Thursday, January 04, 2007

Is it the weekend yet?

I've worked 2 days in the last 24, and I want a holiday already. How tragic is that? I haven't actually done anything at work yet either - there have been big problems getting the development environments set up, it's all SharePoint Server 2007 stuff, so nobody knows anything about anything. But I'm recovering from a cold (well, two colds), and I think I got quite attached to doing nothing all day... so is it the weekend yet?

I had a pretty good holiday season (aside from having no money). Christmas dinner at Jen's was plentiful. We had multiple ovenloads of food, which has never happened to me before. And we had about six different things for dessert. So delicious!

Spain was great, we burned through our savings and soaked up sunshine. I bought a really cute pair of shoes and two beautiful leather bags, and some earrings and miscellaneous other stuff. I spent 600 pounds all up, and now I'm left with less than 300 in my account. I'm waiting on a week's pay from my crappy ex-recruiter who revoked the money in error. :p It's kind of scary having so little money to my name, living paycheque to paycheque...

Actually the real reason I'm poor is that I've been spending all my money on TICKETS. Mmmmm, tickets.... they're comparatively much cheaper than you'd pay in Australia, and there's so many events to go to. I'm going outdoor ice skating at Somerset House and Hampstead Heath, will be seeing The Nutcracker ballet, and Nelly Furtado. Then there's the Australia vs. Denmark soccer match in February, and The Dirty Dozen Brass Band that played at last year's Jazz in the Domain which I'll go to if I can get my airline tickets sorted for the right dates. I'm flirting with the idea of seeing Cirque de Soleil in February... and maybe Justin Timberlake in July. And I missed out on Paolo Nutini tickets in April for 16.50 when I could have bought them! Kicking myself now. :p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home