Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A disaster coming on in slow motion

I've just tried to check into my flights with Singapore Airlines and have been given the rather ominous message:

This passenger cannot be found in the PNR. Please check the passenger details.

What exactly is a PNR, and WHY am I not in it? I knew this was trouble as soon as I wanted to change my flights and couldn't find anywhere on their website to submit a request. What kind of crazy airline doesn't have an online request form? Anyway, so I tried to call Singapore Airlines, and waited for 20 rings before a machine picked up and shoved me on the end of a queue that I wasn't the front of after 30 minutes, so I hung up in frustration. In the end I emailed some random customer service department to have my flights changed, and nobody replied to the email, so I went through the whole charade of calling them again only to be told that someone read the email and booked me on the flight already. The only thing is, I had to call Air Canada to get the eticket reissued, because I started my ticket with Air Canada, and they're now apparently ruler of everything that is My Ticket. So I called Air Canada and spoke to a lovely lady who picked up after 3 rings and told me that she couldn't reissue it because I wasn't appearing in her passenger list, but she kindly offered to call Singapore and sort it out, and then called me back and said that yes, I was booked on the flight, but no, I can't get my ticket reissued because I'm not in some mysterious list of passengers (I'm guessing a PNR) but I'm most certainly booked on the flight, I just need to go to the airport to get my tickets sorted out.

*deep breath*

You know it: the Disaster Waiting To Happen feeling, when it starts tingling at the base of your neck and creeps up slowly into your headspace before exploding in a myriad of colours and pain when you realise with dismay that the airline have f!#@ed up and you are left standing at Heathrow with a suitcase full of Friends DVDs and Harrods foodstuffs and it will be another seven hours before the next flight has a seat for you by which time you will be transiting in Singapore for 13 hours because of the wacky flight curfew rules in Sydney and the next two flights being full.

Please, please, please don't let that happen to me.

3 Comments:

At 2:31 am, Blogger XerxesB said...

Okay - I wont let that happen to you.

 
At 9:36 am, Blogger bunyface said...

On the plus side, cosmetics are notoriously cheap at Singapore airport! You gotta look at the positives! hehe

 
At 10:01 am, Blogger d said...

cosmetics! I knew there was a reason to live :) I guess I could settle into one of those super massage chairs for a few hours too.

awww xerx, you're my hero. if you beat up the guy who does the ticketing too, that would be fab. ta :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home