Friday, February 09, 2007

the sound of music

I took Gabs to the London production of The Sound of Music as a thank-you for letting me stay at her place last year. (the local term is to "doss", but urban dictionary has all all sorts of frightful definitions of that word, none of which is the one I'm after, so I'll just leave it be.)

Anyway, coming out of that performance, my reaction was: best musical ever!! I've never had so much fun in a musical before. The sets are fantastic, and so elaborate - you never see any stage helpers because all the props are wheeled in on a conveyor belt. The kids are terribly cute, and all the performers are top-notch; Maria especially. I think they did every single song from the movie, and a couple more that I hadn't heard before. The costumes were wonderful, and I was frequently surprised by the number of quick changes they did in the wings of the stage. Sometimes there would be about 30 seconds between someone going off and coming back on wearing something completely different. (How, I ask you?!)

If you're going to be in London, I definitely recommend this. Don't worry about Tina Arena in Chicago, just go and see this musical. Right now. Yes, even if you're in Australia. You really have to see this thing.

Thanks again for everything, Gabs :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home