Sunday, March 25, 2007

I want a diplomatic bag too!

So, I'm back in the UK. Crappy weather has followed me - a week ago it was sunny and 15 degrees, now it's cold and windy and puffy coat territory again.

The leadup to my flight from Tokyo to London was pretty cool. I had spare yen, so I spent some time wandering around shops and contemplating last minute souvenirs (I bought a pink Hello Kitty banner thing for the hell of it), then got through immigration and realised I should've spent my money on duty free cosmetics. Heh.

While I was checking in, I saw two hot english guys carrying giant white canvas bags, kinda like mailbags, with "HRM Diplomatic Bag" written on the side in thick black letters. They looked like props for an old 1940's movie that a bank robber might carry out of a bank with a giant dollar sign printed on the side. I found out later that they get to travel in Business or First Class as well, which means that I think being a diplomat is going to be my new ambition. Especially if I get to carry bags with "HRM Diplomatic Bag" written on the side of it. (Isn't it kind of defeating the purpose if you're drawing attention to yourself that way? won't people then be tempted to steal the contents of your diplomatic bag than if it was going incognito? If I was being paid to steal their stuff it would certainly make my job easier.)

Anyway, this got me thinking: what can a guy who already has an english accent AND is attractive possibly do to get any better?

- Have a diplomatic passport. (the guys on the plane were totally sorted.)
- Get flight discounts with a major airline.
- Own Ken's house. Or Pete's house.
- Get the freebies that Robbie's job delivers - DVD boxed sets, concert tickets, movie screenings, CDs... jealousy!
- Work at Pixar. Or Google.
- Own a tropical island with a bungalow over the water. And a boat to go with it, so we don't have to swim to and from the bungalow all the time...

Best bonus of the flight(s) to and from japan was that I had a spare seat next to me each time. Flying on weekdays is the key to victory!

1 Comments:

At 9:34 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your definition of victory. So simple! So succinct!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home