Saturday, March 03, 2007

25

I'm now 25! It's been a very mellow and low-key season of celebration - like having a two week party instead of one night of hectic festivities.

It's been really great catching up with people like the St Georgians and Alison's crew, and lots of friends from the old workplace. There has been much brunching and dining and a wee bit of shopping in between :) The weather was a bit uncooperative when I landed, but it fined up yesterday, and today was just gorgeous.

I've been eating lots of food and soaking up some views along various beaches so far (Saturday - Coogee; Monday - Balmoral; Tuesday - Cronulla; Wednesday - Freshwater). Went up for a day trip to the Hunter Valley today with Cam, Bunny and Khanh which was lots of fun - got to play some games on the wii as well! and I think Cam & I will be driving down to seven mile beach sometime next week.

I'm going to try my hand at a photography project, taking a photo a day for a year. I was meant to start on my 25th birthday but forgot :p hehe. I think it'll be an interesting experience and give me an excuse to whip out my camera more frequently since I carry it around with me almost everywhere anyway!

I'm immensely glad that things turned out the way they did and I could come home to Australia for my birthday. I'm sure if I'd been in London I wouldn't have made the time to reflect on stuff in general or appreciate everything that's happened in the past year.

I feel like I've got lots more to say, but I have drafts of 4 or 5 posts since I've been in Australia that keep getting interrupted/not finished due to laziness, so I'm determined to let this one see the light of day regardless of completion :) Hope you're all having a good time and stay safe!

2 Comments:

At 11:49 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Daph! :)
You're one of those... young ones. (or I'm just over those 'over-the-hill ones - it's all relative :P)

 
At 1:57 pm, Blogger d said...

thanks Hoa!

Hill positioning is all relative - at least it's only halfway to five-oh... hehe :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home